Peanut butter mousse and chocolate ganache are the stars of these Chocolate–Peanut Butter Mousse Tartlets.
Chocolate–Peanut Butter Mousse Tartlets
Yield: 24 tartlets • Preparation: 35 minutes • Microwave: 2 minutes • Cook: 2 minutes
Write a review
- ½ cup peanut butter morsels
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6.3-ounce) package 1¾-inch shortbread tartlet shells, such as Clearbrook Farms (24 tartlet shells)
- ¾ cup milk chocolate morsels
- Garnish: chopped roasted salted peanuts
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine peanut butter morsels and 2 tablespoons cream. Heat in microwave at 50 percent power in 30-second intervals until melted. Add peanut butter, and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add peanut butter mixture, whisking to incorporate.
- Transfer peanut butter mousse to a piping bag with tip trimmed or a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off. Pipe mousse into tartlet shells, filling just under shell rims to leave room for ganache. Using a small offset spatula, smooth mousse. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining ½ cup cream to very hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat, and add chocolate morsels, stirring until chocolate melts. Let cool slightly before spooning ganache into each tartlet shell. Spread ganache to edges of shells.
- Garnish tartlets with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Place tartlets in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/