Matzo crackers, sliced almonds, and semisweet chocolate flavor this Chocolate Truffle Tart with Matzo-Almond Crust to create a decadent dessert perfect for a celebration of the Festival of Lights.
- 3 unsalted matzo crackers, broken
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: pomegranate arils, mint leaves, and toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together matzo crackers, almonds, sugar, and salt until coarsely ground. Add melted butter. Process just until mixture begins to clump together. Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of an 8-inch tart pan.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and butter.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat just until simmering. Pour hot cream over chocolate, whisking until smooth. Whisk in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate filling into cooled crust. Using an offset spatula, spread filling in a smooth, even layer. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up a day.
- Just before serving, carefully remove tart from pan and place on a serving plate.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils, mint leaves, sliced almonds, and sea salt, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!