Chocolate and banana lovers will enjoy these delicious Chocolaty Banana Bars.
Chocolaty Banana Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 very ripe large bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with a double thickness of parchment paper, letting paper hang over sides of pan. Spray parchment paper lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add bananas and vanilla extract, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisking well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating at low speed to combine. Add milk chocolate morsels, stirring to blend. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Melt white chocolate morsels according to package directions. Let cool slightly. Transfer melted white chocolate to a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped off. Drizzle white chocolate diagonally over cooled dessert.
- After white chocolate sets, using parchment-paper overhang as handles, lift dessert from pan, and place on a cutting surface. Using a long sharp knife in a downward motion, cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.