Cucumber tea sandwiches are always welcome at teatime, but this charming version will enchant your guests.
Cucumber Tree Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 12 sandwiches • Preparation: 30 minutes
Write a review
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices Havarti cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 48 very thin slices English cucumber
- Using a 4-inch Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut 2 tree shapes from each slice of bread, ham, and cheese. Using a ½-inch star cookie cutter, cut 12 stars from remaining cheese scraps. Discard all scraps.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Spread mayonnaise mixture on pumpernickel bread. Top each bread slice with 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese.
- Cut cucumber slices in half, and arrange on top of cheese in a shingled fashion, trimming as necessary. Place cheese stars on top of cucumber layer. Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/