These Citrus-Caraway Seed Mini Loaf Cakes are perfect any time of the year.
Citrus-Caraway Seed Mini Loaf Cakes
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 3 (6x3¼-inch) mini loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar with a mixer at high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and lemon extract, beating well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, caraway seeds, orange zest, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Divide batter among prepared pans. Tap pans on counter to level batter.
- Bake until loaves are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out loaves right side up onto wire racks, and let cool completely before wrapping each loaf securely in plastic wrap.
- Just before serving, garnish top of loaves with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Slice with a serrated bread knife.
Make-Ahead Tip: Cakes can be made a week in advance, wrapped securely in plastic wrap, and frozen. Let thaw completely before garnishing with confectioners’ sugar.