Clafoutis aux Cerises, filled with a custardy batter and juicy, fresh cherries, is a classic French dessert that is widely beloved.
Clafoutis aux Cerises
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 32 pitted fresh cherries
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 8 oval ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, flour, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and almond extract until combined. Let stand for 10 minutes. Pour half of batter into prepared ramekins, filling each just to a depth of ¼ inch.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Add 4 cherries to each ramekin on top of baked custard, trimming cherries if they are too large. Stir remaining batter, and pour on top of cherries.
- Bake until custard is set, approximately 10 minutes more. Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
- Garnish with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!