These delicious Corn, Goat Cheese & Chive Scones are a savory way to start your upcoming afternoon teas.
Corn, Goat Cheese & Chive Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter,
- cut into pieces
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add corn, goat cheese, and chives, stirring to blend. Add ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons cream, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch fluted square cutter, cut 13 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!