Corned beef, pickling spices, and marbled rye bread combine to create delicious Corned Beef Tea Sandwiches. Corned Beef Tea Sandwiches pictured with Ham, Tomato Chutney & Cheddar Tea Sandwiches and Fat Rascal Scones.
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices*
- 1 tablespoon finely diced radish
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 slices marbled rye bread
- 12 medium slices deli-style corned beef
- In a small saucepan, bring ½ cup water and pickling spices to a boil over medium heat. Add radish; simmer for 10 minutes. Strain radish mixture, discarding any large pickling spices. Add vinegar to radish mixture, tossing to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together pickled radishes, butter, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Spread an even layer of pickled mixture onto bread slices. Place 2 corned beef slices on each of 6 bread slices. Top corned beef with remaining 6 bread slices, pickled mixture side down, to make 6 sandwiches.
- Using a long serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 2 (3×1-inch) rectangles.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!