Cajun seasoning and a splash of rice wine vinegar and fresh lemon juice spice up the fresh and gluten-free ingredients that fill these petite tomatoes. They are so delicious guests will definitely want more than one. Crab and Corn-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes pictured with Summer Squash Tartlets.
- 1 ear fresh corn, shucked
- 1 (8-ounce) container jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 24 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Garnish: fresh chives
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add corn and boil until cooked, approximately 5 minutes. Remove corn from pot and let cool completely. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cob.
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together corn kernels, crab, lemon juice, vinegar, chives, and Cajun seasoning. Cover and refrigerate to let flavors meld, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Using a small, sharp, serrated knife, cut of top third of each tomato. Using a small melon baller or strawberry huller, remove seeds from tomatoes to make cups. Trim a thin slice from bottom of each tomato cup to make them stand evenly.
- Divide crab mixture among tomato cups.
- Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!