Chock full of crabmeat, bell pepper, parsley, and chives, this Crab and Gruyère Quiche is perfect for a light supper or an afternoon tea.
Crab and Gruyère Quiche
Yield: 8 servings • Preparation: 20 minutes • Refrigerate: 30 minutes • Bake: 38 to 40 minutes • Cool: 15 minutes
Write a review
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (1 sheet)
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Gruyère cheese
- ¾ cup jumbo lump crabmeat
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Unroll pie dough, and press into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, trimming and discarding excess dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Prick bottom of pie dough with a fork to prevent puffing while baking.
- Bake until pie crust is light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, eggs, red bell pepper, parsley, chives, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, whisking to blend. Set aside.
- Evenly sprinkle cheese into baked crust. Arrange crab evenly over cheese. Pour egg mixture over crab and cheese.
- Bake until quiche is set and slightly puffed, 38 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove quiche from tart pan before cutting and serving.
- • Use the wide end of a chopstick to push pie dough into indentations in sides of tart pan.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/