These Creamy Cucumber–Mango Chutney Canapés are a different take on a the classic cucumber tea sandwich.
Creamy Cucumber–Mango Chutney Canapés
Yield: 12 canapés• Preparation: 30 minutes • Bake: 20 minutes • Cool: 15 minutes
Write a review
- 4 slices firm white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, frozen
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 baby English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, such as Major Grey’s
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from frozen bread. Place on prepared baking sheet, and place another rimmed baking sheet on top of bread rounds. (Second baking sheet will keep bread rounds pressed flat while baking.) Let thaw slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove second baking sheet, and continue to bake until bread rounds are golden brown and crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store bread rounds in a resealable plastic bag or an airtight container to keep crisp until needed, up to a day.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline, cut 30 paper-thin slices from cucumber. Using a paring knife, cut slices in half. Blot cucumber slices on paper towels, if necessary. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in an even layer onto each bread round. Spread mango chutney over cream cheese layer. Arrange 5 cucumber-slice halves in a pinwheel on each bread round.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/