Creamy Lemon Curd
Yield: 1 cup • Preparation: 10 minutes • Cook: 8 minutes
Write a review
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 2 large lemons)
- ¼ cup butter, cut into 4 pieces
- In a medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine egg yolks and sugar, whisking until smooth. (Make sure bottom of bowl is not touching water.) Add lemon zest and juice, whisking well. Cook until thickened, approximately 8 minutes, whisking constantly. (Mixture should coat the back of a metal spoon.)
- Remove from heat, and add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking until melted and incorporated. Transfer lemon curd to an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed, up to 1 week.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!