Creamy Lemon & Raspberry Tartlets are a delightful sweet treat to serve during the conclusion of your afternoon tea.
Creamy Lemon & Raspberry Tartlets
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 12 (2-inch) premade tartlet shells*
- 30 raspberries, halved
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth, approximately 1 minute. Add sugar, beating until smooth. Add lemon zest and juice, beating until combined. Transfer cream cheese mixture to a medium bowl.
- Thoroughly clean mixer bowl. Using whisk attachment, beat cream with mixer at medium speed until thickened. Slowly increase speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a whisk, fold in approximately half of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until combined. Fold in remaining half of whipped cream.
- Transfer cream cheese mixure to a piping bag. Cut a ¼-inch whole in piping bag tip. Pipe cream cheese mixture into tartlet shells until full. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, shingle approximately 5 raspberry halves on each tartlet.
- Garnish with mint, if desired.
Tartlet shells such as these can usually be purchased from grocery store bakeries.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!