A drizzle of black truffle oil adds an elegant touch to Creamy White-Bean and Sage Soup.
Creamy White-Bean and Sage Soup
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 4 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared roasted garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil
- Garnish: additional black truffle oil and ground black pepper
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the onion and roasted garlic to the bacon drippings in the pot, and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in the broth, and bring to a boil. Add the beans, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves; cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Remove the parsley, thyme, and bay leaves from the soup. Using a blender, puree the mixture in batches until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot, and add cream, butter, lemon juice, white pepper, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until hot. Stir in truffle oil. Ladle soup into individual serving dishes, and drizzle each serving with additional truffle oil and a sprinkle of black pepper, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/