Delectable blue cheese adds unique flavor to a teatime classic in Cucumber-Blue Cheese Canapés.
Cucumber-Blue Cheese Canapés
- 4 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blue cheese crumbles
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ English cucumber
- Garnish: parsley leaves
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from bread slices. Cut bread slices into 8 (2½×1½-inch) rectangles.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, blue cheese, parsley, and pepper until combined. Spread a layer of mayonnaise mixture onto bread rectangles.
- Using a sharp knife, cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a mandoline, cut 32 very thin lengthwise slices from cucumber halves.
- Arrange 4 cucumber slices width-wise in a shingled, parallel fashion on mayonnaise side of each bread rectangle, trimming cucumber slices to fit bread rectangle.
- Garnish each canapé with a parsley leaf, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for up to an hour before serving.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!