Topped with tiny radish halves, this easy-to-assemble canapé of refreshing cucumber and an herbaceous, zesty spread is sure to be an unexpected crowd-pleaser.
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 slices white sandwich bread, frozen*
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Garnish: 6 tiny radishes**, halved
- Using a fork, scrape sides of cucumber lengthwise to create lines. Using a sharp knife or a mandoline, slice cucumber into 12 thin rounds. Place cucumber rounds on paper towels to absorb liquid.
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, lemon zest and juice, basil, and salt until combined. Spread a thin, even layer of butter mixture onto each bread round. Top each with a cucumber slice. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, garnish each canapé with a radish half, if desired.
**We used Tiny Veggies™ Radish Mix from Gourmet Sweet Botanicals, 800-931-7530, gourmetsweetbotanicals.com.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!