English cucumbers, jumbo lump crabmeat, fresh chives, and lemon juice combine to give these Cucumber-Crab Canapés a light and satisfying flavor. Cucumber-Crab Canapés pictured with Prosciutto-Asparagus Canapés.
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 seedless English cucumbers
- Garnish: paprika and sliced fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, paprika, and pepper. Add crab, celery, chives, and garlic, stirring until well combined.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 28 (¾-inch-thick) slices from cucumbers. Using a melon baller, scoop out centers from cucumber slices, leaving bottoms intact. Divide crab mixture among centers of cucumber slices.
- Garnish with paprika and chives, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!