Light and fresh, these canapés are a delectable summer treat.
Write a review
- 5 slices white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse White Bread
- 20 very thin slices English cucumber
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh dill
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Using a 1¾-inch square cutter, cut 4 squares from each bread slice. Set aside. Discard crusts.
- Place cucumber on paper towels to absorb liquid. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and dill, stirring well. Transfer butter to a piping bag fitted with a very small open-star tip (Wilton #15).
- Pipe a decorative border around top edges of each square. Place a cucumber slice on top of each square. Pipe a star shape in the center of each cucumber.
- Garnish each with a fresh dill sprig, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/