These classic Cucumber-Sprouts Canapés are perfect for teatime menus all year. Pictured with Herbed Mini Patty Pan Squash, and Apricot, Prosciutto, Chive & Goat Cheese Croustades.
- 3 large slices firm white sandwich bread, frozen
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 recipe Lemon-Pepper Aïoli (recipe follows)
- ⅓ cup alfalfa sprouts
- Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 12 shapes from frozen bread, discarding scraps. Place bread squares in a resealable plastic bag, and let thaw at room temperature.
- Spread a layer of aïoli onto each bread square.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp paring knife, cut 60 paper-thin slices from cucumber.
- Place 5 cucumber slices on aïoli side of each bread square, layering in an overlapping circle. Top each evenly with alfalfa sprouts.
- Serve immediately.
Makes about 1 cup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, and pepper, stirring well. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.
From TeaTime, July/August 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!