A fresh herb adds extra flavor to a classic tea sandwich in Cucumber-Thyme Sandwiches. Cucumber-Thyme Sandwiches pictured with Lemon-Basil Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
- 8 very thin slices white bread, frozen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 56 (11/32-inch-thick) slices English cucumber, cut in half
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut 32 rounds from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. To let thaw and to prevent bread from drying out during assembly, cover with damp paper towels, or store in a resealable plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Spread approximately ½ teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto each bread round. Top 16 bread rounds with 4 cucumber halves with rounded sides extending slightly over edge of bread. Top with 3 more cucumber halves, off set from previous cucumber layer. Top each with a remaining bread round, cream cheese side down.
- Garnish each sandwich with thyme, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!