Try these Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches with apples, celery, slivered almonds, and a pinch of curry powder.
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Yield: 12 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 35 minutes
Write a review
- 6 slices firm wheat bread such as Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Style
- 3 cups very finely chopped roast chicken
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup very finely chopped green apple
- ¼ cup very finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a 2¼-inch square cutter, cut 12 shapes from bread. Using a serrated bread knife, cut each square in half diagonally. To prevent bread from drying out, cover with damp paper towels, or store in a resealable plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, apple, celery, almonds, lime juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper, stirring until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Spread chicken salad onto a bread triangle. Top with another bread triangle.
- • Process chicken in a food processor to achieve a fine texture. Use meat pulled from a rotisserie chicken to save time.
- • Chicken salad can be made a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container until needed. Bread shapes can be cut a day in advance and stored in a resealable plastic bag. Sandwiches can be made a couple of hours in advance, covered with damp paper towels, and refrigerated in an airtight container.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/