These delectable Curried Sweet Potato Latkes, flavored by various spices and garnished with fresh chives, present a delicious twist on a traditional favorite for Hanukkah.
- ⅓ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups coarsely grated peeled sweet potato, patted dry
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Garnish: cut fresh chives
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, honey, and cardamom. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato, egg, flour, curry powder, and salt.
- Place a 2-inch ring mold on a small baking sheet. Press approximately 1½ tablespoons sweet potato mixture into mold. Carefully remove mold. Repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture to form 12 latkes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. In batches, gently transfer latkes to skillet. Fry until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding additional oil as necessary. Drain latkes on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!