Decadent dark chocolate and toasted pecans combine to create a toothsome treat in Dark Chocolate & Toasted Pecan Scones.
Dark Chocolate & Toasted Pecan Scones
Serves: approximately 18
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¾ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add chocolate chips and pecans, stirring until combined.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, stir together cold cream and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture, stirring until a dough begins to form. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently until smooth by patting dough and folding it in half 3 to 4 times. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 1-inch thickness. Using a 1¾-inch round cutter dipped in flour, cut as many scones as possible from dough, rerolling scraps as needed. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled, approximately 10 minutes.
- Bake until scones are lightly browned, approximately 17 minutes. Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!