These Date Puff Cookies, made with puff pastry dough, are filled with dates, walnuts, and oranges.
Date Puff Cookies
Yield; approximately 4 dozen cookies
Write a review
- 2 (10-ounce) packages pitted dates
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry dough
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine dates, brown sugar, walnuts, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Pulse until mixture is well combined.
- Lay puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet lengthwise into thirds along the folds.
- Mound a third of the filling lengthwise along the center of each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border on either side. Fold each side over the filling, overlapping the edges slightly, and press together gently to seal. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and freeze for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each log into 1-inch slices, and place seam side down on prepared baking sheets. Brush each cookie lightly with beaten egg, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/