Enjoy these decadent Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownies at your next chocolate-themed tea.
Decadent Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownies
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 (10-ounce) bag peanut butter morsels
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Garnish: chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13-x-9-inch pan with foil, letting foil hang over sides to use as handles. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and semisweet chocolate morsels. Melt over low heat, stirring to combine. Remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add chocolate mixture gradually, stirring to incorporate and temper eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Add to chocolate mixture, stir ring until incorporated. Add milk chocolate morsels, stirring to blend. Spread mixture into prepared pan, smoothing with an offset spatula.
- Bake until edges are dry and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter morsels and cream. Melt morsels in microwave oven at 50 percent power in 1-minute intervals, stirring between each. Add peanut butter, stirring to blend. Spread mixture onto warm brownie in pan. Using an offset spatula, smooth surface.
- Garnish with chopped bittersweet chocolate, if desired.
- Cover pan, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Lift brownie from pan using foil, and place on a cutting surface. Using a large knife, cut brownie into bars, pressing downward to create clean cuts.
- Place in an airtight container, and refrigerate. Let come to room temperature before serving.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime January/February 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, January/February 2017 today!