Diamond-shaped cutouts from these Devilish Ham Tea Sandwiches give them even more allure than their name suggests.
Devilish Ham Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 12 sandwiches • Preparation: 20 minutes
Write a review
- 12 slices oatmeal bread*
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can deviled ham†
- 1 tablespoon finely minced crystallized ginger
- Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 2 squares from each bread slice, totaling 24 squares. Discard scraps.
- Using a 1½-inch square cutter, cut diamond shapes in 12 bread squares. Discard diamond centers.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, maple syrup, and mustard, whisking until smooth.
- Spread ½ teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on top side of each
- whole bread square. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons deviled ham over mayonnaise mixture on each bread square. Top each with a cutout bread square.
- Sprinkle crystallized ginger evenly over deviled ham.
- *For testing purposes, we used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Oatmeal Bread.
- †For testing purposes, we used Underwood Deviled Ham Spread.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/