Dijon–Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches are simple, delicious, and always beloved by guests for afternoon tea. Dijon–Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches pictured with Watercress and Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches and Cucumber & Tarragon Tea Sandwiches.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons course-ground Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 slices wheat sandwich bread, frozen
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Spread a layer of mayonnaise mixture onto each frozen bread slice. Top 6 bread slices with 2 pieces smoked salmon each. Cover with remaining 6 bread slices, spread side down, to make 6 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from each sandwich. Cut each sandwich in half into 2 (approximately 2×1½-inch) tea sandwiches. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!