These Dilled Crawfish Salad Tea Sandwich have the flair and flavor of the Louisiana shore.
Dilled Crawfish Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 8 slices potato bread, frozen
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked crawfish meat
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: 48 capers, fresh dill sprigs
- Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 32 shapes from frozen bread, discarding scraps. Place bread rounds in a resealable plastic bag to prevent drying out.
- In a medium bowl, combine crawfish, mayonnaise, capers, minced dill, celery, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pepper, stirring to blend.
- Cover, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours. Divide crawfish salad among 16 bread rounds, spreading evenly. Top each with another bread round.
- Garnish each with 3 capers and a dill sprig, if desired.
Sandwiches can be made earlier in the day, covered with damp paper towels, placed in an airtight container, and refrigerated. Garnish just before serving.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!