Share these homemade Dog Bone Treats with your favorite canine.
Dog Bone Treats for Dogs
Yield: 60 dog treats • Preparation: 25 minutes • Bake: 30 minutes
Write a review
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup dried milk powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, dried milk powder, and brown sugar, whisking well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve chicken bouillon in boiling water. Let cool.
- In another small bowl, combine egg and oil, whisking to blend. Add cooled chicken broth and egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring to form a dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, approximately 1 minute. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch, bone-shaped cutter, cut 60 shapes from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place shapes 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until firm, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime, July/August 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!