Walnuts and chocolate combine in these Double Chocolate–Walnut Cookies for a delightfully rich bite.
Double Chocolate–Walnut Cookies
Yield: 44 cookies • Preparation: 25 minutes • Bake: 9 minutes • Cool: 30 minutes
Write a review
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup chopped semisweet chocolate, such as Ghirardelli, divided
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating until incorporated. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until incorporated. Add ⅓ cup chocolate and walnuts, stirring until incorporated.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop cookies 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are crisp, approximately 9 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely, approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat cream until very hot but not boiling. Remove from heat, and add remaining ½ cup chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute to melt. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Let cool until ganache reaches a spreadable consistency. Spread over cookies.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- • Double Chocolate–Walnut Cookies can be made a week in advance and frozen (without ganache) in an airtight container. Let thaw before topping with ganache.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/