This festive recipe only requires five ingredients to create whimsical and delicious Elf Hats.
- 3 large red apples
- ½ (7.5-ounce) container pineapple-flavored cream cheese spread
- 6 (10-inch) spinach-and-herb tortilla wraps
- 12 deli-style ham slices
- 1 paper plate
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel apples vertically to create 30 (4-inch-long) peeling strips. Reserve peeling. Core apple and cut into thin slices.
- Using an offset spatula, spread an even layer of cream cheese onto tortillas. Arrange 4 ham slices over cream cheese layer on 3 tortillas. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese over ham. Place apple slices over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining 3 tortillas, cream cheese side down.
- Using scissors, cut a 4×4×3-inch triangle from paper plate to use as a template. Position template on tortilla sandwiches so 3-inch edge of template is along rounded edge of tortillas. Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, cut 10 triangles from each tortilla sandwich.
- Place a small amount of cream cheese on the back of reserved peeling strips, and gently press onto curved end of sandwich triangles, approximately 1-inch from edge, trimming edges of peeling if needed. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until needed, up to an hour.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!