Pineapple, green grapes, curry powder, and toasted almonds add delicious flavor to Fruity & Nutty Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches. Fruity & Nutty Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches pictured with Caprese Tea Sandwiches.
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- ⅓ cup pineapple tidbits, well drained
- ¼ cup chopped green grapes
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large slices honey wheat bread
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, pineapple, grapes, celery, and almonds.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry powder, ginger, hot sauce, salt, and pepper until combined. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, stirring until well combined. Use immediately, or store for up to a day in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Spread a thick, even layer of chicken salad onto 4 bread slices. Cover with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 finger sandwiches (or rectangles). Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!