Wild rice drizzled with fruit vinaigrette is a savory treat in Ginger-Orange Wild Rice Salad in Phyllo Cups.
Ginger-Orange Wild Rice Salad in Phyllo Cups
- 1 cup cooked wild rice blend
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped green onion
- 1 recipe Ginger-Orange Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine wild rice, celery, carrot, and green onion. Add enough Ginger-Orange Vinaigrette to moisten rice, stirring to blend.
- Just before serving, divide rice salad among phyllo cups. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, if desired.
Yield: ⅓ cup
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a jar with a screw-top lid, combine vinegar, olive oil, ginger root, orange zest, salt, and pepper. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Refrigerate until needed, up to 3 days. Before using, let come to room temperature, and shake well.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!