These delicious Gluten-Free Banana-Nut Scones feature pecans, banana chips, and cinnamon.
Gluten-Free Banana-Nut Scones
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose
- flour, such as Glutino Gluten Free
- Pantry (glutino.com)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½. teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½. teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped dried banana chips
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 ¼ cups plus 1 tablespoon heavy
- whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: additional finely chopped pecans and white sugar crystals
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add banana chips and pecans, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 1¼ cups cream and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch star-shaped cutter, cut 18 scones from dough. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Garnish tops of scones with a sprinkle of chopped pecans and sugar crystals, if desired.
- Bake until scones are lightly browned and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!