These Gluten-free Peach Scones are bursting with the flavor of ripe summer peaches.
Gluten-free Peach Scones
Yield: 17 to 19 scones • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 15 minutes
- 2 cups sifted gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup diced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: vanilla sugar†
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add peaches, stirring well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream and vanilla extract, whisking well. Add to flour mixture, stirring until a soft dough forms. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until uniformly moist.)
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of vanilla sugar, if desired.
- Bake until edges are light golden brown and a wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes.
*We used Gluten Free Pantry all-purpose flour (glutino.com). Using another brand may yield different results.
†We used Penzeys Vanilla Sugar.
†We used Penzeys Vanilla Sugar.
From TeaTime May/June 2013
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!
I posted a question…not sure if it went thru or not???????
I asked if you can use regular all purpose flour to make the peach scones…I hate to buy the gluten free type, since I will not be using it for anything else.
Thanks so much!
Yes, you can substitute regular all-purpose flour for the gluten-free flour in the Gluten-free Peach Scones recipes. You may not need as much liquid so add the cream gradually until the dough is moist enough.
I’ll have to try these, they look delicious!
These are absolutely delicious! I have a peach tree in my backyard and used slightly more than one cup’s worth of peaches – so very yummy!! Thank you for posting! Ease include more gluten free recipes in future newsletters
Cristy, any of the gluten-free recipes on our web site can be found under the gluten-free tab in the Recipes section. We’ll keep your suggestion in mind.
Very good gluten free recipe, I happen to have (1) nectarine in my kitchen so I split the recipe in 1/2 and used the balance of heavy whip cream and vanilla mixture whipped into a whip cream for the top and put cardamon powder on top.
We just had it hot out of the oven……Yummy!!!
Always looking for amazing gluten free recipes for my family, my husband is gluten and we have been changing our whole family to gluten free as much as possible… Healthier in my point of view anyway. Whole Foods I have always been fond of.
I made these peach gluten free scones for a tea with the girls in the family. They came out wonderful! They had very good texture and flavor. My daughter-in-law has Celiac’s, and she said these were the best scones she ever tasted! Thank you for a recipe that made me look good!