These Gluten-Free Pecan-Butterscotch Drop Scones are a special treat.
Gluten-Free Pecan-Butterscotch Drop Scones
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, such as Glutton Gluten Free Pantry (glutino.com)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup butterscotch morsels
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add butterscotch morsels and pecans, stirring to combine.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine cream and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tops of scones with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until scones are light golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
Recommended Condiment: Faux Clotted Cream
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!