Butterscotch morsels, toasted pecans, and vanilla create decadent Gluten-free Pecan-Butterscotch Scones.
Gluten-free Pecan-Butterscotch Scones
Yield: 14 to 16
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granualted sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup butterscotch morsels
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add butterscotch morsels and pecans, stirring to combine.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine cream and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Garnish tops of scones with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until light golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
Kitchen Tip: This recipe can be modified to include gluten by substituting the gluten-free flour with all-purpose flour.