These tasty Golden Apple & Pork Tea Sandwiches make a lovely addition to a fall menu for afternoon tea. Golden Apple & Pork Tea Sandwiches pictured with Lima Bean & Pumpkin Succotash Baby Bells and Barbecued Chicken, Mushroom & Cheddar Pastries.
- 4 slices potato bread
- 2 large slices Muenster cheese
- 8 very thin slices deli roast pork
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple
- ¼ cup baby kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from bread slices, creating 4 (3-inch) squares. Cut bread squares diagonally into 4 equal triangles, creating 16 triangles.
- Using a bread triangle as a pattern, cut 8 triangles from cheese slices.
- Create a triangle of pork by folding a pork slice in half and then in half again. Using a sharp knife, trim excess to fit bread triangle, if necessary.
- Using a sharp knife, cut very thin vertical slices from apple. Using bread triangle as a pattern, cut 8 triangles from apple slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard and mayonnaise until combined.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard mixture onto bread triangles. On mustard side of each of 8 bread triangles, arrange kale, and top with a cheese triangle, a piece of folded pork, and an apple triangle. Cover each with another bread triangle, mustard side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 hour.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!