This Golden Beet Soup is a lovely addition to any meal.
Golden Beet Soup
Yield: 16 servings • Preparation: 20 minutes • Cook: 1 hour
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 10 medium golden beets, peeled
- 3 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: reserved beets, toasted bread cubes, and fresh thyme
- In a large stockpot, heat butter and walnut oil over medium-high heat. Add beets, onion, and garlic, stirring to combine. Cook until vegetables soften, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, stirring to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon juice, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In the container of a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth, reserving ½ cup chopped beets for garnish, if desired. Divide soup among serving bowls.
- Garnish individual servings with reserved beets, bread cubes, and fresh thyme, if desired.
- • For a gluten-free version of this soup, use a gluten-free broth and omit bread cubes.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/