These Green Apple–Chicken Salad Sandwiches are a palate pleasing treat. Pictured with Ham and Cucumber Sandwiches with Mango-Thyme Butter and Almond-Olive Sandwiches.
- 2 cups chopped poached chicken breast
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup diced green apple
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 large slices firm honey wheat bread
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse chicken until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, cream, apple, mustard, celery, salt, and pepper until well combined. Spread an even layer of chicken salad onto 8 bread slices. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a sawing motion, cut and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 equal rectangles, creating 3 finger sandwiches. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!