These delicious Green Grape–Chicken Salad Sandwiches are great additions to spiring and summer afternoon tea menus.
- 3 cups chopped roast chicken
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped green grapes
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse chicken until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend. Add grapes, celery, and tarragon, stirring to combine.
- Spread a thick layer of chicken salad onto 4 bread slices. Top each with a remaining bread slice.
- Using a serrated knife, trim and discard crusts from all sides of sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into quarters, creating 4 triangles.
From TeaTime March/April 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!