Guava-Glazed Shrimp Canapés are delicious seafood bites with the flavor of guava and lime.
Guava-Glazed Shrimp Canapés
Yield: 24 canapés • Preparation: 30 minutes • Cook: 2 minutes
Write a review
- 24 medium shrimp with tails on, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning, such as McCormick
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons guava jelly, such as Goya, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 24 small round rice crackers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green chives
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons olive oil and jerk seasoning until coated.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to a large nonstick sauté pan, and heat over medium-high heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add shrimp, and cook until they are pink and opaque, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Reduce heat to low, and add ¼ cup guava jelly and lime zest to pan, whisking until jelly is melted. Remove pan from heat, and add shrimp, stirring and tossing to coat with sauce. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons guava jelly over low heat, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and melted guava jelly, stirring until smooth. Place cream-cheese mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton #1M). Pipe a rosette onto one side of crackers. Drain shrimp, and place upright on cream cheese star. Sprinkle evenly with chopped chives.
- Serve immediately.
- • Cream cheese filling can be made a day in advance, covered, and refrigerated overnight. Let come to room temperature before piping.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/