These dainty Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches will please your spring afternoon tea guests.
Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- 24 slices very thin white bread, frozen
- 24 slices deli ham
- 12 thick slices Colby cheese
- ¼ cup pineapple preserves
- Using a 3½-inch rabbit-shaped cookie cutter, cut 24 shapes from frozen bread and ham and 12 shapes from cheese, discarding scraps.
- Spread a thin layer of pineapple preserves onto 12 bread shapes. Top with 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese, and 1 slice ham. Top each stack with a remaining bread shape spread with pineapple preserves on the underside.
- To prevent drying out while bread thaws, place sandwiches on a platter, and cover with damp paper towels.