This Ham and Chive Quiche is full of flavor from smoked meat, fontina cheese, ground black pepper, and fresh herbs.
Ham and Chive Quiche
Yield: 8 servings • Preparation: 15 minutes • Bake: 15 to 18 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
- 1 cup diced smoked ham (¼-inch cubes)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded fontina cheese
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 8 circles from dough. Press each circle into a 4-inch tart pan, trimming excess dough as necessary. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a small nonstick sauté pan, sear ham over medium-high heat until very lightly browned.
- Place 1 tablespoon ham and 2 tablespoons cheese in each prepared tart pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, eggs, salt, and pepper, whisking well.
- Divide egg mixture evenly among tart pans. Sprinkle each quiche with ¼ teaspoon chives. Place tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until quiches are set and slightly puffed, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!