Ham and Cucumber Sandwiches with Mango-Thyme Butter
- 20 slices firm white sandwich bread, frozen
- Mango-Thyme Butter (recipe follows)
- 40 paper-thin slices English cucumber*
- 20 very thin slices smoked deli ham
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 40 circles from frozen bread. To prevent bread from drying out, place frozen bread rounds in a resealable plastic bag to thaw.
- Spread a thin layer of Mango-Thyme Butter onto all bread rounds. Place a cucumber slice onto half of rounds. Place a slice of ham on top of each cucumber slice, ruffling to fit. Place another cucumber slice on top of ham. Cover with remaining bread rounds, butter side down. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, garnish with thyme, if desired.
*A mandoline is essential for cutting paper-thin slices of cucumber.
Makes ½ cup
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, mango chutney, thyme, and pepper until blended.
Make-Ahead Tip: Butter can be made a day in advance, kept in a covered container, and refrigerated. Let butter come to room temperature before using.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!