These classic Ham-and-Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches are easy to make and delicious. Pictured with Artichoke-Rice Salad in Bell Pepper Cups and Heirloom Tomato Tart.
Ham-and-Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 4 cups cooked chopped ham
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 2 cups chopped butter lettuce
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse ham until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, mayonnaise, eggs, celery, mustard, pickle relish, and pepper, stirring to blend.
- Using a 3-tablespoon levered scoop to portion evenly, divide ham mixture among bread slices, spreading to cover in a thick layer. Top ham layer of 5 bread slices with a layer of lettuce. Place remaining bread slices atop lettuce, ham side down.
- Using a serrated bread knife, trim crusts from sandwiches, creating even squares. (Discard crusts.) Cut each sandwich diagonally into quarters, creating 4 triangles.
From TeaTime May/June 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!