Smokey ham, Cheddar, spicy mustard, and thin apple slices are a perfect balance for delicious teatime sandwiches.
Ham, Cheddar, and Apple Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 6 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 25 minutes • Thaw: 15 minutes
Write a review
- 6 slices pumpernickel-rye swirl bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, frozen
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 6 slices thin deli-style smoked ham
- 6 slices sharp white Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup baby arugula
- Garnish: additional baby arugula
- Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 12 shapes from frozen bread, discarding crusts. Cover with damp paper towels, and let bread thaw slightly (approximately 15 minutes).
- Core apple, but leave whole and unpeeled. Cut 6 (¼-inch) crossways slices from apple. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard, stirring well.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture in an even layer onto bread squares. Using 6 bread squares (mayonnaise side up) as a base, assemble 6 sandwiches, stacking ingredients in the following order: arugula, ham slice (folded into quarters), cheese slice, apple slice, and another bread square (mayonnaise side down).
- Garnish each tea sandwich with arugula, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime, September/October 2015