Swirls of honey-flavored ham mousse, piped onto bread rounds, make for an elegant tea sandwich in Ham Mousse Tea Sandwiches.
Ham Mousse Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 24 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 25 minutes
Write a review
- 12 slices potato bread
- 1 (9-ounce) package ultrathin smoked ham, such as Hillshire Farm
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Garnish: parsley leaves
- Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 48 rounds from bread, discarding scraps. To prevent drying out, place bread rounds in a resealable plastic bag until needed.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine ham, cream cheese, parsley, honey, cream, and garlic powder. Pulse until blended and smooth. (Make sure ham pieces are small enough to pass through a piping tip.)
- Transfer ham mixture to a piping bag fitted with a small open-star tip (Wilton #32). Evenly pipe mixture onto 12 bread rounds, using a circular motion and covering surface of bread. Top each with another bread round. Pipe a small rosette of mixture onto top of each sandwich.
- Garnish each rosette with a parsley leaf, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime May/June 2015