Ham and pimiento cheese are two classic tea sandwich fillings that are easy to assemble. Ham and Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches pictured with Herbed Tomato Sandwiches.
Ham and Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 ounces sharp yellow Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large slices honey wheat bread
- 12 very thin slices deli-style ham
- In a medium bowl, vigorously stir together cheese, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Spread a thin, even layer of pimiento cheese onto 4 bread slices. Place 3 ham slices each over pimiento cheese, folding and ruffling to fit. Spread a thin layer of remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise onto remaining 4 bread slices. Place over ham, mayonnaise side down, making 4 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 equal rectangles.
Make-Ahead Tip: Pimiento cheese can be made a day in advance, stored in a covered container, and refrigerated, which will allow the flavors to meld. Sandwiches can be assembled up to 2 hours in advance, covered with damp paper towels, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated.