These Ham Salad Tea Sandwich Stackers are a delightful treat.
Ham Salad Tea Sandwich Stackers
- 6 slices wheat bread, frozen
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread, frozen
- 6 slices white bread, frozen
- ¼ pound sliced deli ham, cut into 12 (2-inch) rounds
- 1 recipe Creamy Ham Salad (recipe follows)
- 1 recipe Watercress Pesto (recipe follows)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Garnish: fresh tarragon
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut two rounds from each frozen bread slice, discarding scraps. Cover bread shapes with damp paper towels, and let bread thaw at room temperature.
- Layer 1 wheat-bread round, 1 ham round, 1½ tablespoons Creamy Ham Salad, 1 pumpernickel-bread round, 1 tablespoon Watercress Pesto, 1 whitebread round, and 1 egg slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Secure stacks with wooden skewers.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Creamy Ham Salad
Yield: 2½ cups
- 1 (8-ounce) package cubed ham, drained
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine ham, cheeses, and mustard. Pulse until chunky. Transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate until needed, up to 5 days.
Yield: 1 cup
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups loosely packed watercress
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup lemon-scented olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine pecans and garlic. Pulse until smooth. Add watercress, cheese, oil, and salt, pulsing until smooth.
- Use immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!